World Mental Health Day 2016: Psychological First Aid
Psychological First Aid
Today is World Mental Health Day and the theme this year is Psychological First Aid (PFA). It's something anyone and everyone should be aware of. At Kidlutions, we know how important PFA can be. We've been there when crisis has unfolded and have delivered PFA to children, teens and adults.
Would you know how to provide PFA, if a situation called for it? You need not be a professionally trained clinician to assist others.
The World Health Organization defines PFA as:
• Non-intrusive, practical care and support
• Assessing needs and concerns
• Helping people to address basic needs (food, water)
• Listening, but not pressuring people to talk
• Comforting people and helping them to feel calm
• Helping people connect to information, services and social supports
• Protecting people from further harm
There are very simple guidelines available to support people in crisis situations. You can find it all through the World Health Organization.
Resources that Help
The World Health Organization has prepared some additional great handouts and resources for all of us: parents, teachers, healthcare workers, pastors, and basically...all humans!
Here you go: http://www.who.int/
Earmark these resources, familiarize yourself with them and know they exist if and when you find yourself in a situation to assist your fellow travelers.
In honor of World Mental Health Day,
we are offering all of our resources
that help kids at
your total order, when you use
code WMH50 at check-out.
Find it all HERE
or click the image below to go directly to our store...