Pumpkin Feelings Faces


Pumpkin Feelings Faces

Feelings are where it's at.  Helping kids and adolescents deal with feelings is what I do for a living, so it's only fitting that part of my day is spent helping kids draw out their feelings...both figuratively and literally.  Today was just such a day.  We received a shipment of some new art supplies, so several of my young charges and I just had to try them out.

What do you think?  Are the backgrounds reminiscent of Vincent Van Gogh's "Starry Night"?  Maybe it doesn't translate as well online, but in person, it kind of gives me that feel.

If you want to know what we used to create these "masterpieces", see towards the end of the post.

Therapeutic Pumpkins

Pumpkins lend themselves well to therapeutic and counseling endeavors.  I've written about it before in A Pumpkin's Contribution to Social Emotional Development, Feelings Go Hand in Hand with Halloween, and Pumpkin Feelings Game.  (Don't miss this one if you are an early childhood teacher or therapist/counselor who works with kids.)

Here's the lineup: 


Happy


Mad


Mean


Shocked

The possibilities are endless!

How We Did It

We used regular ole' school-grade construction paper and used just about all of the following coloring materials...



Metallic FX Crayons

Glitter Crayons

Neon Crayons

Oil Pastels

I must admit, the pastels were my fave, as well as the fave of many of the littles with whom I worked today. It's been YEARS since I have used pastels, and I'm happy to say we are reunited!

For More Halloween Feelings Fun...

For more Halloween feelings fun, be sure to check out our therapeutic-grade resources for the Halloween season.

  



Find them BOTH by CLICKING HERE!

or get our BIG Fall Bundle






Comments

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...